Would it be possible to create a small hydro electric generator for a creek?
what rate of water flow is needed to create enough electricity to power a house either a estimate or a formula to be used. Also what type of converter is need to change the kinetic energy into electricity. Would it be actually possible to do using a contractor or family or self done job.my goal is to create a home that is self sufficient for electricity, as well maybe as well as system that can create fresh or clean water from the creek.
also the fact that the area will be about 10 acres or so
Answer by Norman O
You need a paddle wheel and an electric generator. If you are using a creek, it is doubtfull that you will generate enough power to light a mini-flashlight.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter
- Q&A: Hydro-electric generators in high rise buildings?
- Is there a free guide anywhere on how to create an electric generator to power your home and/or appliances?
- California Bear Creek Ranch Powering Agricultural Water Pumps with Solar Energy
- Q&A: In an electric generator, how does the spinning copper wire create a voltage?
- Does anybody know about micro-hydro electric generators?