Why did AC electric generators take over DC in commercial power generating plants? 10 points?
The AC electric motor had not been devised just yet, and Eddison's lighting system was DC. Why did they convert?
10 points for best answer. Thanks in advance.
Answer by Scott L
For the simple reason that A/C can generate much higher power levels than DC. It was one of Edisons more notable failures. You will notice that today DC is used only in low power situations
Give your answer to this question below!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter
- Q&A: How do electric generators at power plants work?
- If we converted our sewage plants to produce methane could we power electric generators in each town?
- A Long Kept Secret For Generating Free Electricity , Zero Point Magnetic Power Generator
- 7 Must Know Points Regarding Used Generator
- Creating Profit Generating Ads.