Could mirrors reflecting and focusing sunlight be used to make steam to power electric generators?
And could insulated water tanks be large enough to retain enough super heated water to generate steam to power the generators be used to act as a buffer so that through the night and on low light days electricty production would be steady without varible output allowing for steady production 24/7/365 if it was sited properly? Would this greatly lessen solar powers twin main faults of expense and inconsistency without the need to wait for cheaper batteries or new more affordible photovoltaic solar panels to be invented or built?
Answer by Gene
On sunny days it would work. Running it all night long on stored heat is stretching it.
Give your answer to this question below!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter
- Is there a book that describes how to make electric generators, solar, wind power from house hold items?
- 1917 DC Electricity Generator Steam Turbine
- How to Make an Electric Generator to Power Your Home
- Build Wind Powered Electric Generators ? Guide To Make Wind Electricity From Home
- Electric Steam Generator With Special Features